Monday, September 26, 2011

ELF-Blush

Hey everybody!!  I'm baaack! Lol.

Aaannnyway, this is Blush by ELF.  First off, I would definitely not call this anything implying that it is blush colored, because it's most definitely not.  Second, when I made this order from eyeslipsface.com, I noticed that they had raised the price of their polish to $2 (a whole dollar, gasp!!) because they had improved the formula.  When I recieved my shipment, only 4 of my 7 bottles had a "new formula!" sticker on them.  This one happened to be one of them.  The other three bottles did not have the stickers.  The formula in the bottles with the stickers was slightly thicker and a bit more opaque.  Also, the biggest thing I noticed was that in the bottles with the stickers, there were new brushes!!  They are bigger and a bit more flat (think OPI) so that you can apply the polish with less strokes.  The bottles without stickers had the old brushes.  All of this makes me think that I got the old $1 formula in three bottles, but still payed for the $2 formula...kind of irks me.  Anyway, application was good on this one.  Two coats.  Not sure what happened there near my cuticle, but it smudged somehow.



I'm not sure how to feel about the color...I don't find it very flattering on my skin tone.  The shade pictures looked nicer, however.  Be forwarned that this one is a tiny bit frosty.  I should have been a bit more careful in my application, but alas, such is life.

Have any of you ordered from ELF lately only to find that they jipped you with old formula polishes?  (Not that the old formula was bad, I'm just ticked that they're trying to sell that one at the new formula price)

Thanks for reading!
<3

3 comments:

  1. Shoot them an email about the prices! I don't really have a problem with the old formula, but I'm glad there are new brushes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would call and yell at someone-that's uncool and the company should be accountable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never ordered from ELF but some of their nail polishes have me wondering. Only thing stopping me is what happened to you is common for ELF. I've read TOO many reviews stating they've had issues with ELF's customer service and products, ect. Not sure if I wanna take that chance. Anyway, welcome back!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading each and every comment from all of you! However, please refrain from link spamming me. If you comment, I will most likely check out your blog, but if you drop links here, I will delete the comment. I don't think it's fair to my other readers to have to deal with a bunch of links in my comments, which is why I moderate all comments. That being said, I welcome any and all comments about this blog, and I truly appreciate everyone who comes here to read <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...