Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Nabi-Rose

Today's nail of the day is Rose by Nabi with OPI's I Juggle...Men on top.  Nabi is a brand of nail polish that I had never heard of before.  I found it at a local boutique here in Flagstaff, AZ, and I have no idea where else you can get it besides online.  Anyway, this color is a slightly cool toned medium pink.  Originally, the formula on this was EXTREMELY thick.  Like Konad "special" polish thick.  I had to add 15 drops of thinner to get it down to a good consistency.  Also, the smell of this polish is beyond strange.  Like no other polish I have ever smelled. After I thinned it, application was smooth and opaque in two coats.  Pics!
shade.  here you can really see the blue tones. and apparently
i cant paint the inside edge of my ring finger :)

sun.  nice medium pink.
I added the OPI on top to give it a little oomph.  The shimmers in it reflect blue which plays nicely off of the blue tones in the Nabi.  Indoors, this polish bends a bit fuscia.  Still very pretty.  Overall, I don't think I would reccommend this polish brand.  The brush on it is really nice, but unless you want to spend a ton of time thinning to a good consistency, I would pass.  I think I paid about $2.50 for it.
picture from Amazon.com
Another strange thing about this brand of polish is that when I searched it online all the bottles looked like this:
But my bottle looks like this:
It says "new and thick formula".  No kidding.  I probably would have liked the old formula better!
Anyway, tell me what you think!!! Have you ever tried a Nabi polish?

2 comments:

  1. There's a store in San Diego that I went in about a month ago and pretty much the whole store's stock of nail polish was Nabi. But in the bottles that you don't have. I was going to buy some but they didn't have any colors that I was interested in. But I'll probably go back there and buy some anyways, haha :P

    And about Revlon v. Chanel - Chanel is more of a grey/green and a frost finish compared to Revlon. But that price tag justifies it, for sure. (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in San Diego, where is this store?!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading each and every comment from all of you! However, please refrain from link spamming me. If you comment, I will most likely check out your blog, but if you drop links here, I will delete the comment. I don't think it's fair to my other readers to have to deal with a bunch of links in my comments, which is why I moderate all comments. That being said, I welcome any and all comments about this blog, and I truly appreciate everyone who comes here to read <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...